What data we collect and why
In order to provide our products, FatCoupon collects information that you share directly with us when you use our Website, Extension, or Mobile App. Though you don’t have to, you can choose to provide your email to set up an account with us. You can also set up your profile with your name and other info for a more personalized experience. FatCoupon also collects technical information about your device and use of FatCoupon to make sure that our products are working correctly. The information we collect is geared to providing FatCoupon members with a better way to shop online and to help us develop, improve, and market our services.
Account and Profile Information.When you become an user of FatCoupon, you share a limited amount of information during the registration process, optionally including your name, email address, member password and other registration information to personalize your profile. As you continue to use FatCoupon’s products, you might also provide information when you:
- share coupons, promo codes, and deals you found
- communicate with FatCoupon through email or other means
Technical Information.FatCoupon automatically collects information to ensure that our products work correctly on different devices and browsers. This includes data like:
- the type of device you’re using
- the device’s unique ID (where available)
- operating system
- browser type
- IP address
- event stamp
- logs and error logs
This data allows us to make sure FatCoupon products are working correctly, to make your experience better, and to detect and prevent fraud. Also, to help us coordinate our communications and marketing campaigns, and to understand how our users engage with our products, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent, visited a link in those emails, or generally interacted with FatCoupon as a result of our marketing efforts.
FatCoupon does not track your search engine history, emails, or your browsing on any site that is not a retail website (a site where you can shop and make a purchase). When you are on a pre-approved retail site, to help you save money, FatCoupon will collect information about that site that lets us know which coupons and promos to find for you. We may also collect information about pricing and availability of items, which we can share with the rest of the FatCoupon community.
Shopping and Usage Data.
On retail sites, FatCoupon collects the name of the retailer, page views. The information you share, and we collect, enables us to improve our products and gives us insights about coupons, deals, which we can share with the rest of the FatCoupon community. We may also use this information to provide you with a more tailored, relevant experience.
Aggregate and Anonymized Data
We may also use the information we collect in aggregate or otherwise anonymized form. This lets us look at interactions with our site and products generally and does not identify you or any specific person. We use this general data for research, development, marketing, analytics, and to enhance the shopping experience for the FatCoupon community.
What data we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help us save our users time and money. This does not include, and we do not collect, any information from your search engine history, emails, or from websites that are not retail sites. We also do not collect any bank or credit card information.
How we share your data
We know how important your personal data is to you, so we will never sell it. We’ll only share it with your consent or in ways you’d expect (as we explain here). That means we will share your data if needed to complete your purchase, with businesses who help us operate FatCoupon, or if we are legally required to do so.
- with your express consent;
- in an aggregate or anonymized format that does not identify any specific person;
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a valid government request;
- when we believe in good faith that it’s necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- with a buyer or successor if FatCoupon is involved in a merger, acquisition, or similar corporate transaction. If that happens, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result.
How we protect your data
The security of your information is important to us. We have a team dedicated to protecting your information and have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These measures include limiting access, using encryption, testing for vulnerabilities, advanced malware detection, employing pseudonymization and anonymization techniques, and more. You provide us with information at your own risk. FatCoupon only retains information about you as long as you keep using FatCoupon. We’ll also keep information if we need it to meet our legal obligations and to defend against legal inquiries.
Some cookies can be temporary (“session cookies” like those used for navigating your browser) and disappear once you close it. Others last longer (“persistent cookies,” like when you ask a site to remember your login) and are saved to your computer until you delete them.
- Analytics: These types of cookies help FatCoupon monitor the traffic and activity on our site, and to coordinate our own marketing campaigns. While they do not identify you specifically, they may be indirectly linked to your unique user ID. We aggregate and anonymize this data to help us detect fraud, understand trends, broad demographic data, and the general operation of our site.
FatCoupon deals and Third-Party Links
With respect to the placement of affiliates' cookies, generally the following situations (not limited to), will trigger the placement of such cookies.
- When a user clicks on a deal/offer link of www.fatcoupon.com/mobile Apps
- When a user clicks on a store link of www.fatcoupon.com or FatCoupon mobile Apps
- When a user clicks "Apply Coupon" button FatCoupon Chrome Extensions (Also available to MS Edge browser)
- Other situations where we think it is the user's intention to navigate to third party websites, when the redirection about to take place, we place such cookies
Your choices for managing your data
We’ve made it easy to opt out of FatCoupon’s products at any time.
You can always adjust your personal settings regarding what information you share and how FatCoupon communicates with you by going to your account page and clicking on the “personalize” or “emails” headings. Please note that limiting the information you offer to provide may impact FatCoupon’s ability to provide certain deals and products to you.
If you want to stop using FatCoupon, you can uninstall the Extension and if you have any issues you can contact our support team for assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also uninstall the FatCoupon Mobile App in the same way you would uninstall other mobile apps from your mobile device.
If you would like to delete your profile or personal information, you can always ask us by emailing email@example.com. We will delete any personal information we have, though we may still store some data in an aggregated and anonymized format that doesn’t identify you and can’t be attributed to you (or if we’re legally required).
Additional rights regarding your data
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights as to the personal information that you share and FatCoupon collects.
California residents.If you live in California and use FatCoupon, you have some additional rights when it comes to your data.
- Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the personal information we have about you.
To exercise any of these rights, you (or your authorized agent) can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days, and will provide a response to you within 45 days of your request, though in some exceptional cases it might take longer (if that happens, we’ll let you know). We will need your name and email address to verify your request, and may also ask for additional information if necessary to verify the identity of the person making the request. We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity, or if an exemption applies (for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, or where we have a conflicting legal obligation). That said, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
- The contact information you provide – California law refers to these as identifiers.
- We don’t track your location, but your IP address gives us a general idea of the city, state, and country - what California law calls geolocation.
- Shopping and FatCoupon usage data – California law calls this internet activity.
We created FatCoupon for the exclusive use of adults (18 and older). We don’t knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for FatCoupon’s products or send any personal information to us.
If we learn we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you think may have given us some personal information or posted information on any public portion of FatCoupon’s products, please let us know at email@example.com. We’ll help you remove it.
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can write us a letter at:
FatCoupon Technolgy Limited
19570 SW 90TH CT, ST200
TUALATIN OR 97062